SALES DESIGN COORDINATOR
Monday – Friday (Full-time, hourly)
David Kordansky Gallery seeks a highly motivated, extremely organized, and collaborative individual to join our team as Sales Design Coordinator. Reporting to the Directors on the sales team, the Sales Design Coordinator is a critical role, responsible for supporting a range of significant functions of the sales team, including content design, client support, and sales administration. This position is a full-time role, Monday through Friday, and will require flexibility for additional hours based on the needs of the gallery. A generous benefits package is offered.
ABOUT THE GALLERY:
David Kordansky Gallery is one of the most dynamic venues for contemporary art in Los Angeles—and soon to be New York—and is internationally regarded as a leading gallery of its generation. Established in 2003, the exhibition program is dedicated to presenting artists’ work with passion and intellectual rigor, and to bringing the utmost care and precision to showcasing artistic visions. The Gallery is committed to presentations that blend scholarship and connoisseurship with equity and inclusion. We are an institution rooted in our hometown of Los Angeles, and in California, even as we embrace cultural activity as a fully global phenomenon.
Maintaining a culture of belonging is important to us—we strive for a workplace where every single team member feels valued, supported, and heard. We believe in the power of creativity and seek opportunities for connection, collaboration, and learning between cultures and communities. We are committed to championing policies and practices that promote diversity, foster cultural equity, and sustain an environment of inclusivity. The Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Gallery does not discriminate, and does not permit discrimination against its employees, interns, volunteers, or applicants. We recognize our strengths lie in the broad range of individuals who contribute their time and talents to our mission, and we pledge to create a safe, accessible, and inclusive place to work.
The Gallery’s consistent growth, developed in tandem with its artists’ ambitions, occurs through the unique participation and contribution of each employee. We look for colleagues who are the most driven, the most talented, and the most creative. Every member of the Gallery’s team should aim for excellence and ingenuity, surpassing challenges and discovering new possibilities together. We value long-term commitment and loyalty, and in turn provide avenues for career advancement across all departments.
Note: This is not a sales position, but candidates interested in pursuing a career path in sales are welcomed.
- Lead graphic designer for all gallery sales team exhibition preview PDFs, art fair preview PDFs, online viewing room PDFs, and any other special project PDFs
- Format and update biographical PDFs for every artist, populating with new exhibitions and collections regularly
- Format and resize existing digital images based on layout needs for all sales team PDFs
- Proofread and copy edit all sales team PDFs
- Send high-res images to clients as requested
- Design and assemble artwork installation mockups for clients
- Assemble basic sales PDFs from the gallery’s database
- Assemble press pack PDFs from press archive
- Manage inventory image, caption, and pricing updates on departmental accounts and devices (e.g. Arternal, ArtBinder, Artsy)
- Add inventory to external sales websites and remove sold works
- Working with the other Sales Coordinators, manage VIP lists, invites, and RSVPs for art fairs and other sales-related outreach
- Assist with art fair applications, including image formatting and uploading
Our ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented and creative with exceptional organizational skills; an excellent verbal and written communicator; and possesses the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We seek candidates who are extremely self-motivated, responsible, and efficient, and who hold a sincere appreciation for and experience with navigating diverse cultural spaces. In addition:
- Knowledge of contemporary art and an interest in sales required
- Minimum two (2) years experience working at a contemporary art gallery, contemporary art museum, and/or artist studio strongly preferred, but consideration is given to candidates with related experience
- At least four (4) years of professional experience preferred
- BA or BFA with a concentration in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or Product Design preferred, but consideration is given to candidates with related experience
- Demonstrated professional experience working within style guidelines, as well as the management of multiple design projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in a Mac-based environment required, including: Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite required (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign) *
- Basic knowledge of databases such as ArtBase, FileMaker, Arternal, Artlogic, or similar preferred
- Basic knowledge of sales platforms such as ArtBinder and Artsy preferred
- Fluency in multiple languages welcomed
- Preference is given to candidates with expert knowledge of global contemporary art, including art of the African Diaspora, Latin America, and Asia
- BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
* An Adobe-based skills assessment may be conducted following an initial interview.
Compensation & Benefits:
- This is a full-time hourly position, overtime eligible, at 40 hours per week.
- The starting pay scale for this position is $25 – $30 per hour.
Benefits for full-time employees, following a waiting period, include:
- Premium PPO medical insurance (fully subsidized, at no cost to employee)
- Vision insurance (fully subsidized, at no cost to employee)
- Dental and long-term disability insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days (starting at 13 days annually)
- Paid sick time (6 days annually)
- Paid holidays and floating holidays (10 days annually)
- Paid gallery closures (typically 8-10 days annually)
- Paid family leave
- Participation in a 401k retirement plan (with employer contribution)
- This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
- The gallery greatly values the health & safety of its employees, and is following all COVID-19 city, county, and state business guidelines for the pandemic.
- During the pandemic, approximately 80% of the work required of this position can be completed remotely, with weekly in-person visits required.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following via email with the subject line “DKG LA: Sales Design Coordinator” to email@example.com:
- a cover letter detailing your previous experience and how you would approach the position
- a resume
- a portfolio in PDF form, not more than 20 pages in length, illustrating 8 – 10 examples of recent graphic design work, annotated with brief descriptions of the project scope, date, length of time spent, Adobe programs used, and role on the project
In your application, please note all relevant skills requested in the qualifications above.
BIPOC and LGTBQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with most, if not all, of the requested qualifications are invited to apply. Submissions including the above items will be prioritized. No phone or walk-in inquiries, please.