Shulamit Nazarian, Los Angeles is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional to be part of a growing contemporary art gallery in Los Angeles.
The Sales Associate role is a full-time position, which includes benefits and paid vacation. The position is five days per week (Tuesday – Saturday), and requires flexibility for additional hours and travel based on the needs of the Gallery. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2+ years working in sales or a sales support position in a commercial gallery or auction house, with proficiency in art database systems such as Artlogic and art platforms such as Artsy.
We are looking for an extremely organized and detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and writing skills. Must be able to multi-task and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who will bring initiative, a positive attitude, and problem-solving skills to our team-oriented organization.
The Sales Associate position supports the sales initiatives of the gallery’s directors, and also works on independent sales outreach.
- Work closely with the gallery directors in the conducting of art sales and planning of sales strategies
- Generate personal sales activity relating to the gallery’s program
- Assist directors in sales initiatives as needed
- Communicate consistently and proactively with the sales team to review offers, sales, and sales opportunities
- Create, develop, and sustain relationships with artists, collectors, consultants, and museum professionals
- Inform clients of upcoming exhibitions and fair presentations, providing supporting materials as needed
- Assemble offer PDFs and Online-viewing rooms for exhibitions, art fairs, and private offers
- Manage new entries for artwork database
- Develop and articulate in-depth knowledge of the gallery artists’ practices and biographies
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals
- Attend gallery openings, art fairs, dinners, and other events on behalf of the gallery; assist in art fair installation or de-installation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Art Business, Art Administration, or a related field required
- At least two (2) years of professional sales experience in a contemporary art gallery or auction house required; four (4) years of experience preferred
- Exceptional skills in communication, organization, and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated team player.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently within tight deadlines
- Advanced skills in a Mac-based environment required, including: Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat); experience with Photoshop preferred
- Working knowledge of databases such as Artlogic / FileMaker (or similar) preferred
- Fluent in English; fluency in an additional language welcomed
How to apply
- A cover letter detailing your previous experience as well as:
- Brief explanation of how you would approach the position
- Complete CV
Salary is commensurate with experience.