Established in Venice Beach in 1975, L.A. Louver is currently seeking a full-time Sales Assistant to work alongside and support the gallery’s Directors.
This will be a perfect opportunity for an early career art professional who is interested in investing their energy, excellent judgment and creative problem-solving talents toward the gallery’s sales efforts within a highly collaborative team environment.
Essential: You’re innately detail-oriented, with superb communication skills (both in-person and written), a gift for advance planning and organization, the ability to tenaciously manage and meet deadlines, a strong research acumen, and enthusiasm for and knowledge of contemporary art.
Pluses: Experience and understanding of commercial gallery operations, sincere curiosity about the art market, and a long-term interest in developing a career in art sales.
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits.
Work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 10am – 6pm, plus additional hours as required.
- Works closely with the Directors to develop and coordinate sales strategies
- Performs client and institutional research
- Tracks, synthesizes and documents client interest in database, generates interest/call lists to direct outreach and targeted mailings
- Serves as point of contact for incoming sales requests and inquiries, coordinating responses
- Conducts weekly Sales Meetings, including creating agendas/reports, taking minutes, and following up on action items
- Assists Directors in sending and monitoring offers, including organizing images, fact sheets, press packs and all other relevant documentation
- Responsible for post-sale tasks, including invoicing, communicating and memorializing terms
- Collaborates with Directors on curation and conceptualization of Online Viewing Rooms, and works with Web master to oversee design and execution
- Manages all online sales platform content (Artsy, Artnet) and coordinates responses to inquiries
- Responsible for auction and art market research, including weekly auction alerts and real-time sales results updates
- Performs sales and pricing research, and assists with art valuation appraisals as directed
- Researches and confirms fact sheet information for incoming consignments and outgoing presentations
- BA in Art History or related field
- Two years of experience in a contemporary art gallery, arts organization or relevant organization
- Fluency in Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite required
- Familiarity with Artbase or other art collection database would be ideal
- Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop would be helpful
- Proficiency in other languages would be an added value
How to apply
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No calls or walk-ins, please.