Active, internationally focused artist’s office seeks detailed, enthusiastic professional to assist the team with correspondence, organization, facility management, and steering projects to completion.
- Take meeting notes, draft and update spreadsheets and documents
- Organize and maintain paper and digital filing systems for business documents
- Answer phones & doors, welcome visitors, attend and supervise vendors in the building
- Maintain staff calendars, collect timesheets, compile weekly reports
- Check stock and purchase office supplies
- Work with other staff on facility management of office and home (Electrical, plumbing, water delivery, trash, security, landscaping)
- Process domestic and international FedEx shipments; receive, sort, and reply to postal and webform mail
- Provide content updates for websites; create periodic e-mail blasts; maintain contacts and email lists; assist with PR strategy
- Make travel arrangements for senior staff
- Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned or identified
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Background and interest in fine arts
- Flexible approach to work, ability to take initiative and direction in equal measure
Job is primarily desk and office based, requiring use of a computer in a Mac environment. Travel not typically required, though occasional offsite work may be necessary. Ability to hold a valid driver’s license or have reliable transportation necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Hours: On site in office, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
How to apply
Email brief cover letter and 1-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Office Administrator” in the subject line.
A background check and current references will be required of successful candidates. Successful hire will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.