INTERIM MANAGER OF OPERATIONS, PROJECT X FOUNDATION FOR ART & CRITICISM
6-MONTH CONTRACT, PART-TIME
Beginning March 2021
The Manager of Operations supports the operations of the Project X Foundation and X-TRA. This position oversees the organization during an interim period of institutional reassessment. Responsibilities include essential financial management and reporting, providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, maintaining communication with donors, ensuring the distribution of X-TRA journal and online publications are done in a timely manner, and directing communications and social media.
Ideal candidate has experience with nonprofit administration, is highly-organized, able to oversee daily operations, and can hit the ground running. Grant-writing and seeking experience a plus.
The Manager has access to private office near Atwater Village, but duties can be performed remotely.
The candidate will support Project X Foundation’s mission to increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in our work and organization.
Manager of Operations reports to the Project X Foundation Board of Directors.
Pay range: $28-33/hourly, dependent on experience.
We encourage all applicants to familiarize themselves with our programs and website, and to share in your letter what aspects align with your strengths, interests, and experience.
- Maintains and keeps accurate records of Foundation’s finances and with regular support from the Foundation’s accountant. This entails billing via Quickbooks, sending payments to contractors and vendors, processing and entering sales, as well as monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Works with Board to maintain operations within fiscal year budget
- Develops and maintains accurate data for fundraising and budget assessment. Use database and Quickbooks to accurately report on donor activity
- Advises Board of tax filing, fundraising report
PROJECT X BOARD SUPPORT
- Serves as liaison between the Foundation Board, Editorial Board, Editors and other staff
- Provides administrative support for Project X Foundation: scheduling meetings, tracking progress of committees, drafting correspondence for fundraising, board development, etc
- Maintains grant calendar
- Oversees grant reports and new grants for the period with Board support
- Corresponds with donors as directed by Board
- Supervises Program Coordinator and fulfillment of X-TRA subscriptions, consignment, and store sales
- Maintains timely distribution, funding, and marketing for X-TRA journal and X-TRA Online with Program Coordinator support
- Keep tabs on calendars and all the moving parts to ensure smooth operations
- Oversees interns with Program Coordinator
- Ensures website quality and consistency across editorial and store
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Directs communications for X-TRA during interim period, maintaining the visual brand and voice of the organization, with Program Coordinator support
- Work with Program Coordinator to plan and develop social media and email
- Oversee and insure consistent look, quality, and tone of communications across media
- Required Computer Software/websites/apps: Quickbooks Online, Word, Excel, Google Drive, Photoshop, WordPress, Google Analytics, Mailchimp.
- Social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resumé, and references to the job search committee at email@example.com. Reviewing applications immediately.