Part-time, Hourly Employee.
Currently remote with some on-site art handling, shipping and inventory management.
Competitive pay, includes health benefits.
Reporting to the Gallery Owner/Principal, the PT Gallery Registrar/Archivist is responsible for the accurate and comprehensive record of all inventory, including location, condition, provenance, ownership, etc. In this capacity, they are also responsible for maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date image archive for use by the entire gallery staff.
About the gallery:
20+ year history of groundbreaking contributions to the contemporary art world. Recently, the gallery has partly shifted into digital and non-traditional modes of exhibition making and dealership.
- Maintain Certificates Of Authenticity and inventory records (original artwork and edition tracking) in Google Drive and ArtBase.
- Coordinate framing and shipping of new sales.
- Safeguard artworks by ensuring professional packing, shipping and local transport.
- Manage and coordinate art handlers as needed.
- Maintain a comprehensive network of shippers, framers, photographers, conservators and temporary art handlers.
- Keep Google Drive and ArtBase up to date and appropriately catalogue gallery inventory and works in exhibitions.
- Coordinate artwork intake/release to/from storage and related delivery.
- Maintain storage inventory records.
- Provide regular insurance level updates to make adjustments.
- Coordinate budgets, estimates, storage and shipping invoices with bookkeeper.
- Maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date archive of digital, video and print images in ArtBase and Google Drive.
- Assist in gallery record-keeping system internal audit.
- Assist owner in some registrar-adjacent administrative tasks as needed.
- Thoughtful and thorough approach to record-keeping
- Proactive mindset
- Aptitude for follow-through
- Background in contemporary fine art
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with ArtBase, Adobe Acrobat & Creative Suite, G Suite (particularly Google Sheets)
- Art handling including best practices in packing for storage and shipping, exhibition installation and de-installation.
- Mac proficiency
- Experience working in a gallery, museum or artist studio
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter detailing experience to firstname.lastname@example.org