Anat Ebgi seeks a full-time Gallery Manager/ Associate to work closely with Directors and gallery staff to support a dynamic exhibition program between three Los Angeles locations. We are a closely-knit hard-working team and are looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual who will contribute to all aspects of the gallery’s operations. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working closely with the gallery’s senior staff and there is significant room for growth based on ability.
Candidates must have at least 3 years prior experience working full-time in a gallery, museum, or related art institution.
The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide support during art-fairs including working at the fair as necessary
- Prepare exhibition materials including checklists, artist CVs, and wall vinyl
- Create and maintain artist dossiers and InfoKits
- Manage calendar deadlines for art fair applications, scheduled photography, PR deadlines, exhibition opening and closing
- Coordinate events organized by gallery, both on-site and off-site (hiring waitstaff, renting glassware, ordering beverages and supplies, etc.)
- Oversee gallery appearance and care, as well as stocking supplies
- Maintain gallery’s contact database
- Maintain and label image archive
- Inventory and data entry in art database systems
- Serve as gallery attendant, be available to answer the questions and needs of gallery audience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years experience working in a gallery, museum, or related art institution.
- Fluent in MAC based applications and Adobe suite
- Experienced with photoshop and manipulating digital images
- Strong organizational and time management skills
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com