Craig Krull Gallery is looking for an assistant gallery director to start training with the exiting gallery director immediately and fill the role alone starting August 15. The Assistant Director communicates with the public, sharing a natural passion for arts and ideas. The position includes sales, but we prefer an emphasis on education rather than salesmanship. The Assistant Director’s responsibilities are varied, including maintaining the gallery website, Artsy pages, and social media, as well as handling all invoicing, email blasts (though Constant Contact), advertising and exhibition announcement layouts, and regular communication with our gallery artists. Website maintenance requires basic knowledge of HTML. Experience with design using Wix or Squarespace is a plus, as we are looking into transitioning the website to a new platform. The position also requires good writing skills in preparing concise, informative, engaging press releases and correspondence with patrons.
Organization, dedication, and creativity are key facets of this position. We are looking for someone to grow with the position, learning and developing new skills while adding to the breadth and depth of a gallery that has become an integral part of the LA art community over the past 30 years.
This position is 37 hours a week, Tuesdays – Saturdays in the gallery space. Starting pay during the trial and training period of 3 months is $23/hr.
- manging correspondence with collectors, consultants, curators, and other patrons
- updating the gallery website using html and dream weaver
- designing exhibition postcards, posters, and other graphics using Adobe creative suite
- composing email blasts for upcoming events and gallery news
- upkeeping the gallery inventory database via ArtLogic
- processing invoices, art purchases, and consignments
- composing press releases
- degree in Art History, Studio Art, Museum Studies, or a related field
- experience working at a gallery or a museum
- strong writing skills
- confidence in public speaking
- experience using Adobe Photoshop
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com