ROSEGALLERY is currently seeking a full-time gallery associate, who specializes in sales, social media, press, inventory management, and gallery programming. We are seeking applicants with interest in and knowledge of contemporary art and photography; with excellent, clear and concise writing skills; commitment, enthusiasm and initiative; strong organizational skills; and a positive, open and kind demeanor. We prefer applicants with a degree in Art History or a related discipline, prior experience with the Adobe Suite, knowledge of and experience with art handling, inventory management, sales, and writing press releases or similar texts. The gallery is a small business with a tightly-knit, collaborative team, and we are seeking an applicant with clear communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
ROSEGALLERY will prioritize applicants with at least two years of gallery experience. The full-time gallery associate must have the availability to work Tuesday-Saturday and evenings during programmed events.
Founded in 1991 by Rose Shoshana, ROSEGALLERY is an internationally recognized contemporary gallery. Located in the renowned Bergamot Station Arts Center in Santa Monica, California, the gallery has become a leading consultant to distinguished collectors, advisors, prominent art museums, auction houses, and academic institutions. ROSEGALLERY is committed to the ongoing development, definition, and long-term conceptualization, preservation, and presentation of art collections. In recent years, the gallery has expanded to encompass artists specializing in alternate mediums, including design, book-making, and sculptural objects. In addition to bi-monthly exhibitions, the gallery participates in art fairs both stateside and internationally.
- Maintain accurate, clean and comprehensive inventory in ArtLogic and Computer File Sharing System
- Manage and update website and web-store
- Write press releases
- Create, design and send out weekly emails via Mailchimp
- Manage Instagram and schedule posts; use Later and Linktree
- Update gallery presence and listings on Artsy and ArtNet
- Correspond with artists regarding exhibitions, press, and publishing opportunities
- Respond to value inquiries from art appraisers and past collectors
- Assist in exhibition curation
- Conduct sales with clients and institutions; coordinate framing and shipping of sold works
- Keep track of sales and statements to artists
- Assist gallery owner in administrative tasks, as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of gallery and physical inventory
- Speak with walk-in clients about exhibition on view and artists we represent
- Communicate clearly and openly and collaborate fluidly and with colleagues
- Proficiency with Adobe Softwares
- Basic design skills
- Social media experience
- Familiarity with Artsy, ArtNet and ArtLogic (database and website) preferred
How to apply
If interested, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred name is B).