Anat Ebgi is seeking a full-time Gallery Assistant to work alongside senior gallery staff to support the gallery’s daily operations. Successful candidates for this position will be exceptionally organized and attentive to detail, will possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable in a public-facing role, and will be able to work both independently and in collaboration with other members of the gallery’s staff.
The Gallery Assistant position is a great role for a candidate seeking an entry-level opportunity in the art world with potential for professional growth. The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with clients and working in an administrative capacity.
- Open and close the gallery daily
- Serve as the public face of the gallery at the front desk, greeting visitors and clients
- Answer phones and redirect calls
- Provide general administrative support to all staff
- Work directly with the Directors on all requests for scheduling and correspondence
- Assist in facilities management as needed and directed by Exhibition Coordinator and Registrar
- Assist with artist talks, dinners, gallery openings and other on- and off-site events
- Oversee gallery appearance and care, as well as stocking supplies for events and openings, including booking vendors and reservations
- Prepare wall vinyl for all exhibitions
- Prepare checklists for all exhibitions
- Maintain and update inventory database records in art database systems: Wrklst, Artneral, Google Drive
- Update all artists CV’s and bio’s as needed
- Update all info/press kits ahead of fairs and exhibitions, as well as needed
- Update the gallery’s contact list of vendors and clients, as well as the gallery’s email subscribers
- Label, archive, and distribute all received images including artwork images, installation photography, and archival images
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of the physical gallery space and common areas
Hours: Tuesday–Saturday, 10am–5pm. Requires flexibility for additional hours based on the needs of the gallery, including openings, fairs, and other events.
Candidates should have a minimum BA in Art History or related field and some administrative or gallery experience. Experience with a database program is ideal. Proficiency in Adobe programs not required, but encouraged.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Gallery Assistant” in the subject line.