We are looking for a candidate to fill the position of Designer based in the busy studio of an artist couple living and working in Los Angeles. The position will be focused on working closely with the artists to execute their designs. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented and has excellent communication skills.
- Work with the artists closely to develop and execute original design projects from initial concept to finished product. Projects range from printmaking, invitations, posters, books to clothing, wallpaper and special projects with other companies.
- Manage communication and logistics with external partners and vendors to effectively execute projects
- Oversee quality control on projects
- Develop preliminary designs and complete layouts with instruction from artists
- Develop mockups to provide to external partners in order to communicate our design direction
- Conduct research and concept development
- Assist the artists with printmaking preparation and coordinate with the print houses from inception to completion, including preparing digital files in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to retouch and color correct images
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Extensive knowledge working with Apple products
- Strong communication skills with a collaborative nature. Ability to both work independently and as part of a team, to take direction, to receive feedback, and to execute tasks accordingly
- Working knowledge of ArtBase, or similar inventory database system
- Ability to use 3D visualization software such as Google SketchUp
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule requirements
- Independent starter, detail oriented with highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Pantone color matching and color correcting images
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in design, and prior experience in managing projects
How to apply
4 days a week, Mon-Thurs 10am – 6pm
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, benefits included.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com