L.A. Louver, one of the longest established contemporary art galleries in Southern California, is seeking a Communications/ Social Media Associate to join our team.
The Communications/ Social Media Associate will oversee all gallery electronic and print communications, including the gallery Web site, social media, advertising and publications. Working closely with the Gallery Directors, this colleague will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing dynamic programs and strategies that help increase visibility for gallery artists, exhibitions and programs, and promote engagement with and growth of our audience.
This is a great opportunity for a highly creative, hands-on art professional with strong communication and technical skills, who keeps apace with what is happening internationally in the art world — artists, galleries, museums, critics and collectors. The right candidate will be an excellent writer, editor and problem-solver who has scrupulous attention to detail. This colleague will possess impeccable judgment, a keen eye for design, and demonstrable tech savvy (particularly on social media platforms). Proficiency in image editing software (resizing, basic color correction) is imperative.
- Generate and edit original social media content, create posting calendars and publish daily across a suite of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter); manage social media community by interacting with users, engaging in dialogue when appropriate
- Work with Web master to maintain and update gallery Web site, providing written and image content
- Oversee the creation of all print and electronic collateral (mailings, invitations, programs and email blasts), from concept development/art direction with graphic designer, to obtaining bids and coordinating with outside vendors (printer, fabricator, mail house, etc.), and through to completion
- Respond to press requests, working with artists, gallery directors and public relations firm; service media requests for images and other assets
- Coordinate photography shoots and manage digital assets
- Provide in-house graphic design and image editing (video editing/production skills would be ideal)
- Participate in planning and execution of special events (when they can occur)
- B.A. in relevant field (art, art history, communication, writing, design, photography, film)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of/interest in contemporary art
- Ability to work independently
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite
- Zoom (Webinar production)
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (primarily PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with basic HTML, video editing software (Final Cut Pro, iMovie or similar), MailChimp, Shopify a plus
This is not a remote position, although some training may occur virtually. Candidate will work out of Los Angeles and Venice Beach locations, as responsibilities require. No relocation support is available.
We have spec’d this position as a full-time temporary role, with a projected duration of three months, and a possibility of extension. However, due to the impact of COVID-19 on our work dynamic, we would also welcome applications from those interested in part-time temporary opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
No phone calls please; qualified candidates will be contacted directly.