Custom Art Surfaces, LLC is an art fabrication shop focusing on museum-grade canvases, stretcher bars, panels, and other painting surfaces. Our company provides materials to a wide range of artists in the Los Angeles area specializing in oversize pieces, unique shapes, and custom surface preparation.
We are looking for a full-time wood worker to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced woodworker with milling, assembly, and material management experience.
40 hours per week (9 am–5 pm). Starting pay $17-$20 per hour depending on skills and experience.
- Milling wood to precise specifications
- Joining various stock materials for assembly
- Managing and organizing various stocked materials
- Operation of woodworking hand and power tools
- Tool maintenance and upkeep
- General maintenance, organization, and cleaning of work areas
- Working with other employees on larger projects
- Finish/trim carpentry, cabinet shop, bench carpentry, saw mill, or construction experience
How to apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Shop Position.” Please do not call the business.