Custom Art Surfaces, LLC is an art fabrication shop focusing on museum grade canvases, stretcher bars, panels, and other painting surfaces. Our company provides materials to a wide range of artists in the Los Angeles area specializing in oversize pieces, unique shapes, and custom surface preparation.
We are looking for a full time, wood worker to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced woodworker with milling, assembly, and material management experience.
- Milling wood to precise specifications
- Joining various stock materials for assembly
- Managing and organizing various stocked materials
- Operation of woodworking hand and power tools
- Tool maintenance and upkeep – General maintenance, organization, and cleaning of work areas
- Working with other employees on larger projects
- Must have experience with woodworking power tools and be able to safely operate them in a shared shop environment (table saw, planer, router, chop saw, etc)
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience (minimum)
- Good organization and material tracking skills
- Good communication, comprehension, and problem solving skills
- Basic math and geometry skills
- A strong eye for details and precision while working
- An interest in the craft of fine woodworking
- Must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs unassisted and work on your feet for extended periods of time
How to apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Shop Position”. Please do not call the business.