The Wende is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Visitor Engagement Associate to join our team.
Visitor Engagement Associates (VEA) assist with both public-facing hospitality and museum operations. VEAs report to the Visitor Engagement Manager, and oversee daily activity in the museum, which can include opening/closing duties and giving tours as well as production and support for screenings, community programs, panel discussions, and VIP or other special events (following L.A. County Health Guidelines, and as permitted by Culver City officials). VEAs provide friendly and knowledgeable assistance to guests, and assist staff across departments on projects as needed.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management, emotional maturity, and interpersonal skills
- Can quickly acclimate to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Enjoys interacting with museum patrons and event attendees
- Enthusiasm for history, fine art, humanities, and/or political science
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with cultural organizations or non-profits is ideal, but not required
- Relevant experience in a customer-focused environment, the hospitality industry, or event production
- Administrative experience
- Proficient in Mac OS and iOS software and devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Practical math skills
How to apply
START DATE: May 2021
SCHEDULE: Part-time position. 24 hours per week, Friday through Sunday (with some additional hours available as reopening proceeds)
Recognizing that this is an ongoing process, the Wende Museum is committed to continually increasing diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and sustainability. People of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people without formal education, and others who may have been marginalized by conventional hiring practices are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and brief cover letter in a single PDF attachment with the subject line “Visitor Engagement Associate” to email@example.com.