The Wende is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Visitor Engagement Associate to join our team.
Visitor Engagement Associates (VEA) assist with both public-facing hospitality and museum operations. VEAs report to the Visitor Engagement Manager and oversee daily activity in the museum, which can include opening/closing duties, tours, and gift shop sales and inventory, as well as production and support for public and community programs or special events (following L.A. County Health Guidelines, and as permitted by Culver City officials). VEAs provide friendly and knowledgeable assistance to guests, and assist staff across departments as needed.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management, emotional maturity, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Enjoys interacting with museum patrons and event attendees
- Enthusiasm for museums and museum education
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in a customer-focused environment such as venues, restaurants and hospitality, or event production
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Familiarity with Mac OS and iOS software and devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Practical math skills
Part-time position. 24 hours per week, either Wednesday through Friday or Friday through Sunday (with additional hours available)
Recognizing that this is an ongoing process, the Wende Museum is committed to continually increasing diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and sustainability. People of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people without formal education, and others who may have been marginalized by conventional hiring practices are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Submit a resume and brief cover letter in a single PDF attachment with the subject line “Visitor Engagement Associate” to Jason Underhill, Head of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.