Dusk is looking for an Technical Designer and Drafter with at least 3+ years of experience.
Only applicants with experience as a fabricator themselves, who hold an understanding of materials, hardware, joinery, and finishes related to fine furniture, millwork, and fabrication will be considered.
Very broadly speaking, we’re looking for someone who can produce shop drawings. At Dusk we work with interior designers, artists and architects on all sorts of projects— one off pieces of furniture, commercial retail build outs, custom residential work, and small structures that are architectural in scale. Very importantly we’re looking for someone who is a problem solver, a maker, an artist, a designer (ideas!), and someone who can ‘put on various/necessary hats’ if need be.
This position will start out on a freelance/project basis, with the goal of transitioning to full time as soon as possible.
- Expert Level drafting in AutoCAD and/or Solidworks, with strong attention to detail and a good sense for graphic presentation.
- Experience in Sketch-Up is a plus.
- Experience with CNC design packages is a plus.
- Must have experience with creating Bid/Construction sets + Shop Drawings and should be able to develop sets independently.
- Must have experience with Millwork detailing.
How to apply
Please submit resume, applicable portfolio and a message to firstname.lastname@example.org