MOLLY LARKEY STUDIO is seeking a Studio Director. The position is part-time with the intention of becoming full-time after a trial period of 3-6 months. Candidate should have at least 1 year of experience working for a professional artist, gallery, or museum, with excellent writing skills and working knowledge of contemporary art systems, including galleries, museums, and public art.
The position is part-time with flexible hours and benefits and ideally will lead to a full-time position after a 3-6 month trial period.
- Write grant applications and project proposals
- Project management: compile resources, create estimates, oversee production timelines, manage production flow, communicate with collaborators
- Calendar management
- Assistance with website and social media
- Manage archives, including physical archive of two- and three-dimensional art objects and drawings
- Manage digital archive of works, exhibitions, and contacts, including collection history and press materials
- In depth knowledge of contemporary art
- Ability and ease communicating with arts professionals and others
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with writing grants, public art proposals, and contemporary art in general
- Good design skills; use of photoshop and ideally some video editing
- Familiarity and interest in contemporary creative writing, especially experimental prose and non-fiction
- Interest in or familiarity with social justice, in particular anti-carceral and abolition organizations
How to apply
Please submit cover letter and resume via PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.