Blum & Poe Los Angeles seeks a full-time Registrar with at least 2 years of experience to begin immediately. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, have strong organizational and multitasking skills, and be able to work well in a dynamic, multi-location environment. This person will work closely with the Registrars, Director of Logistics and Operations team.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing artworks for Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions
- Manage and conduct database entries thoroughly including provenance, exhibition history, etc. (pertaining to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions)
- Manage and conduct condition reports, label artworks appropriately, file reports in server, and update Artbase as necessary (pertaining to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions)
- Organize collections, packing, and shipments of artwork for Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions, alongside the Director of Logistics.
- Ensure Artbase locations are updated and follow up for relevant shipping documents for Assistant Registrar to file.
- Oversee consignments for Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions, including drawing up initial consignments, managing expirations, renewals, policies, returns, and alerting appropriate staff regarding expirations and renewals
- Oversee and coordinate artwork conservation, ensure safe care and handling of artworks for Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions and inform the appropriate staff as necessary
- Track artwork reserves and sales alongside Registrars
- Work with the Photography Coordinator in ensuring all artworks for Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions are professionally photographed, filed in server, and uploaded to the database
- Manage resale agreements, shipping, and returns
- Inform relevant staff regarding new resale inventory and extensions
- Manage Donations & Museum acquisitions
LOANS AND INSURANCE
- Oversee and manage loans of artworks pertaining to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions
- Manage Global Fine Art Insurance Policy and oversee the Annual Inventory and Insurance renewal alongside the Director of Finance, working closely with the Assistant Registrar
- Manage temporary insurance and certificates of insurance
- Oversee all logistics pertaining to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions as required
- Create and maintain timelines, deadlines, and planning tools for all matters concerning art fairs and off-site exhibitions and communicate relevant information to gallery staff
- Work with fair and exhibition budgets set by Accounting
- Update and maintain the Artbase checklist for each art fair
- Travel to assist with exhibitions, installations, production of artworks, and site visits as needed
- Oversee the production of artworks pertaining to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions alongside the Director of Operations and the Head Preparator
- Oversee and generate installation manuals pertaining to inventory related to Art Fairs and Offsite Exhibitions alongside the Director of Operations and the Head Preparator
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Registrar at a gallery, museum, or arts institution
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Filemaker Pro
- Extensive familiarity with fine art handling best practices and condition reporting/conservation
- Must be a supportive team player, able to address new challenges, and maintain a level head under pressure
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment, deadline-driven environment
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
How to apply
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
- We will be following up with requests for interviews in the coming weeks in order to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Only serious and qualified candidates will be considered.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and includes excellent benefits and paid time off.
- This is a full-time position, Tuesday through Saturday. The applicant must be flexible and available outside of the designated days on an as-needed basis.
Blum & Poe is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.