Weingarten Art Group (WAG) is seeking a seasoned, dynamic, and resourceful Project Manager & Curator to join our team to oversee and expand select private collector client relationships.
At WAG, we are passionate about leading our clients to the art that will serve them and their spaces best – guiding through every step of the way from curating, comprehensive planning and acquisition, through installation and ongoing management.
Each Project Manager & Curator at WAG oversees a portfolio of their own clients, from private collectors to corporate and public entities. We seek team members who are experts in their field and are energizing, thoughtful, expressive, open and warm.
We place ourselves in the middle of the art world information flow so that we are always presenting the best edited options for our clients’ consideration. This means regular gallery and artist studio visits, art fair attendance regionally, nationally and internationally, and the ability to curate multiple data down to reasoned options for each site and client.
- Relationship management of select private clients, including:
- Full comprehension of each client’s goals, aspirations, ethos/aesthetic preference, timeline and budget
- Curatorial research to meet (and exceed) client goals
- Inspiring clients in their aspirations for their collections/art programs – in terms of innovation, education, exposure to new concepts and possibilities
- Presenting curated ideas to best serve these aspirations, from aesthetic, cultural, value and budget perspectives
- Prompt and timely professional communication and responsiveness
- Proactively managing client expectations regarding presentations, timelines, and budgets
- Registrarial duties regarding client art acquisitions and inventory
- Ensuring highest client satisfaction with project process efficiency and achieving their ultimate goals
- Seeking post-project feedback to maximize future projects
- Relationship management and regular dialogues with all project partners – architects, interior designers, galleries, artists, art handlers/installers
- Team collaboration and leadership with input on everything from new artists and project ideas to process improvements and marketing/social media content
- Reinforce and expand WAG’s public profile of curatorial and management excellence
This role is managed by WAG Principal, Lea Weingarten, and will have collaborative opportunities with other WAG project managers/curators. Our practice serves private, corporate and public art clients primarily regionally and nationally. Company roles are delineated along these lines with occasional overlap based upon expertise and established relationships. We seek to integrate expanded diversity, equity and inclusion goals into our project practice and company culture.
- Semi-annual cash bonuses tied to the profitability of the Company
- Remote work Mondays and Fridays from any location
- Paid time off
- Company holidays (including extending most 3-day weekends to 4 days, up to 12 days during the winter holidays)
- Healthcare benefits
- Parental leave (eligible after 1 year employment)
- Continuing education and career development budget
- Up to $1000/year subsidized museum and affinity group memberships
- Bachelor of Arts in liberal art major required; degree in Art History, Museum Studies, Arts Management, Curatorial Studies preferred; related Masters degree a plus
- Excellent knowledge of 20th and 21st century art history and contemporary practice
- A strong interest in education about and selling artwork in a commercial setting; previous museum, auction house or gallery experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent curation and project management skills, as well as experience managing daily operations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work Monday – Friday and flexibility to meet travel and after-hours responsibilities including art fairs, dinners, special events, meetings, and travel with and without clients
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
How to apply
Please email cover letter, resume and three references as a single PDF labeled with your name to: email@example.com with “Project Manager & Curator Position” in the email subject line.
Candidates are encouraged to note in the cover letter and resume any skills and interests that fall outside the job description outlined. WAG endeavors to tailor each job to unique candidates while ensuring that the position’s outlined requirements and responsibilities are met. Salary commensurate with experience.