U.S.Art Company seeks a qualified candidate for an Operations Manager position for our Compton, CA facilities. The ideal candidate is an experienced art handler or registrar to assist our LA Operations and National Operations Teams. This position requires an understanding of the safe handling of fine art and an attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried, full-time position (40+ hrs./week T-Sat) with additional hours as needed to meet client deadlines. Salary commensurate with experience.
- U.S.Art offers medical insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, and Profit Sharing.
- Personal/Sick Days and Vacation Days.
The primary responsibility is to facilitate the documentation, safety and security of artworks and objects in our care.
- Operations: Supervise West Coast Shuttle teams. Set schedule with clients, supervise loading and unloading of all vehicles, checking paperwork for accuracy, and responsible for payroll entry. On call to respond to alarm events after hours and weekends.
- Storage Management: Assist with the coordination of movement of artworks into and out of storage.
- Facilities Management: Assist management team with general upkeep and routine maintenance of the facilities, supervising and working independently as scope of the project requires. Assist with tracking, maintenance and storage of materials, tools, and equipment necessary for the safe packing, handling, and movement of collections. Responsible for daily inspections of the warehouse areas and oversee the pest management program.
- Must have 2-3 years of supervisory or lead experience.
- Must be able to manage a team or work independently.
- Must be able to pass Security/Background checks.
- Ability to operate a forklift and/or scissor lift a plus (w/forklift certification). Some heavy lifting required.
- 2-3 years of museum experience or a related field a plus.
- High school diploma plus college education required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to respond to work emergencies after hours.
- Basic computer skills required: email, word processing, excel, scanning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to work in collaboration with a management team.
How to apply
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter detailing experience and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org