Los Angeles based visual artist is seeking an experienced full-time assistant. The assistant role will require a candidate that understands the importance of providing full support at all times. The ideal candidate must possess a strong sense of professionalism and dedication to see all tasks through to completion. Exceptional attention to detail, a positive attitude, along with strong written and verbal communication are all large components of the position. It’s necessary for the candidate to be able to listen well and take direction, but also is able to work independently while being 100% punctual and reliable. Work hours are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm.
- Maintaining digital archive of all work made and any relevant press materials
- Maintaining physical archive of all multiples (prints and sculptures), ephemera, and samples
- Calendar management
- Overseeing production timelines of current work being made
- Communicating with the artist’s galleries, museums, and clients to ensure that all works are packed, collected, documented, shipped, and installed properly
- Research for projects, gather estimates and all applicable information
- Oversee any necessary maintenance for studio and home
- Occasional personal errands.
- High level of organization and problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Mac platform and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Must have his/her own car and is able to navigate Los Angeles well
- Must be tech-savvy and can help troubleshoot
- Can-do attitude
- Knowledge of the art world
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with ArtBase
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.