The award provides direct support to under-recognized artists 21 years or older.
- Self-defined under-recognized visual artist 21 years or older
- United States citizen
- Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program are not eligible.
- Not a previous recipient of a direct artist grant from Harpo.
- Artists who have been supported by an organizational grant from Harpo in the past are eligible to apply for a direct grant.
Applications are evaluated on the basis of the quality of the artist’s work, the potential to expand aesthetic inquiry, and its relationship to the foundation’s priority to provide support to visual artists who are under-recognized by the field.
How to apply
To apply, a $15 application fee is required. Fees are applied to grant administration and program development.
Applicants must use the foundation’s online application system to submit the following:
- Artist resume
- Artist statement (up to 200 words)
- Work samples (up to 10)
Apply online via the Harpo Foundation’s online portal.