L.A. Louver, one of the longest established contemporary art galleries in Southern California, is seeking a motivated Gallery Receptionist/Personal Assistant to join its team. This role will be ideal for a people person with a strong administrative acumen, great judgment, and interest and knowledge of the contemporary art landscape. This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be extremely detail-oriented and organized, with proven work experience supporting executive-level principals and fast-paced environments.
The Gallery Receptionist/Personal Assistant is the primary face and voice of the gallery, managing all administrative aspects of front desk operations:
- Greets all visitors, answers all incoming calls and general inquiry emails
- Maintains gallery calendar, including appointment scheduling
- Liaises with vendors: shipping, supplies, parking
- Supervises physical and electronic mailing projects
- Oversees publications inventory, sales and fulfillment
- Takes weekly Staff Meeting minutes
- Responsible for taking care of hospitality or gifts required for artists, client and visitors
In the Personal Assistant capacity, the candidate will provide administrative and operational support to the Gallery Directors, including scheduling, correspondence, research, travel coordination and special requests, including personal errands.
Other qualifications and skills:
- College degree or relevant coursework
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
- Basic technical troubleshooting skills (iPhone, iPad)
- Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
This is not a remote position. Candidate will be required to work primarily out of Venice Beach, but may have to drive to other locations (Mid-City, Topanga) as responsibilities require. There is no relocation support available.
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please; qualified candidates will be contacted directly.