U.S.Art Company is searching for a sales professional to provide International and Domestic transit services to clients worldwide. This position will require an understanding of the service level required for the transport of fine art or a willingness to learn. The successful candidate must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, team environment. Interest or knowledge of fine art is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, quick-thinking, detail-oriented person with solid computer skills, pleasant phone manner, excellent client service skills and knowledge of art and/or fine art transportation. Must be able to work independently but able to accept direction and feedback. Ability to problem solve is a must. The right person will work with an established client base while also developing new relationships with full support and training to ensure your success.
This is a salaried, full-time position (40+ hours per week), Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM with additional hours as needed to complete projects by client deadlines. The environment is generally fast-paced, challenging, and interesting.
Salary commensurate with experience. Profit-sharing, 401 K, medical insurance. Paid company holidays and vacation.
This position is focused on the coordination and logistics management of multiple projects simultaneously while also drafting estimates and responding to client requests. The position covers both domestic and international projects.
- Provide detailed and accurate estimates to clients.
- Work with existing client base
- Assist with the development of new clients.
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary for specific projects.
- Contribute to retention of documentation required by US Customs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Client service orientation.
- US Customs Broker License (Preferred)
- Proven background in building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and strong work ethic.
- Experience in interacting with senior level management and all levels of employ.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of museum standards for packing and transportation (preferred)
- Experience with import and export fine art, with Fish & Wildlife, and other government agencies (preferred).
- Willingness to travel
- BA in Art History, History, Museum Studies or related field (preferred)