- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role/field
- Technical proficiency in woodworking and related disciplines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn new skills and techniques
- Must be able to work flexible hours / schedule when required
- Ability to read and understand detailed plans and instructions
- Proficiency in G Suite productivity tools, such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts & Meet; ability to interact with basic spreadsheets and databases, shared docs and calendars
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted and be able to bend, stretch and stand for extended periods of time
Sterling Ruby Studio, located in Vernon / Los Angeles, CA, is seeking an experienced, skilled fabricator to join our team.
In this mid-level position, you will report to the Fabrication Manager and work on all aspects of shop fabrication.
Successful candidates will have experience with woodworking and related disciplines and demonstrate high levels of proficiency in various operations. These include but are not limited to: milling, re-sawing, ripping, shaping, mitering, as well as joinery/assembly and finish work. Crucial to the role will be learning and upholding established operations and fabrication techniques unique to studio production.
Core areas of fabrication:
- Large-scale aluminum painting panels
- Float frames in maple, walnut, etc.
- Reinforced pedestals (for large ceramic works)
- Vacuum press mounting/lamination
- Furniture/object refinishing and restoration
- Bespoke hardware components and fixtures
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Excellent health and benefits package.
- With Fabrication Manager, work on all aspects of shop fabrication
- Changing and calibrating tooling to meet production needs
- Pulling and processing materials
- Milling, re-sawing, ripping, shaping, mitering, etc.
- Joinery/assembly, finish sanding, surface prep
- Wood finishing in a variety of contemporary and traditional media
- General maintenance, cleaning and organization of shop, materials and equipment
- Product inventory tracking
- Operation of forklift (training provided)
- Effective coordination with other team members on time sensitive projects
How to apply
Please email brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fabricator” in the subject line.