SZ | Advisory seeks an experienced salesperson to be based in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate to Los Angeles. Applicants must be well-versed in the LA landscape and have a thorough understanding of the international art market in the arenas of primary sales, secondary sales, and auctions. Candidates are expected to be quick-on-their-feet, discreet, and diligent. For the role, it is imperative that contenders be extremely knowledgeable in art history and have a firm grasp on the commercial market. Salaries are commensurate with experience and successful sales.
SZ | Advisory is an international art consultancy firm, with offices in Los Angeles, Luxembourg and London. As a seminal pillar in our approach to supporting the arts, SZ | Advisory and its staff maintain and strongly believe that collecting is a form of philanthropy – supporting a community of artists, gallerists, and, subsequently, institutions. With a team whose backgrounds stem from diverse fields in the industry, we work to demystify and shed light onto all aspects of the art world. Pinpointing the best works in a market in which demand outstrips supply requires encyclopedic knowledge and strategic relationships. SZ | Advisory operates with the clients’ best interests first.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with galleries, museums, clients, artists etc.
- Continuously educate and inform yourself about the newest trends, artists, publications, auction sales, and exhibitions
- Regularly attend openings, events, exhibition walkthroughs, panels, studio visits and other related events with clients
- Scour auction websites / catalogues for unicorn pieces for specific clientele
- Take meetings with dealers and advisors who also partake in the secondary market
- Handle sales from start fo finish: gather available works from every dealer applicable, pitch relevant works, follow through, instruct staff to generate invoice, oversee install
- Bachelor’s degree
- Encyclopedic knowledge on artists: historical, modern, and contemporary
- Experience working with galleries and artists, while front-facing with clients
- Must have a means of transportation
- Absolute discretion required
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus
- Professional attire required on and off the job
How to apply
Please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com with ‘LA Position’ as the subject.