About the Wende Museum
The Wende is an art museum, historical archive of the Cold War, and center for creative community engagement that explores and inspires change.
The Communications Manager will be a one-person communications department in a growing nonprofit organization, responsible for planning, developing, and implementing integrated marketing and communications plans for exhibitions, educational programs, events, and community engagement initiatives. The Communications Manager will help to maintain and increase the Wende’s visibility and attendance. Duties also include developing strategies to deepen the Wende’s reach through a combination of traditional and digital marketing strategies, collaboration with other departments and community groups, active management of press and media contacts, and departmental budget management.
This is a manager-level staff position with high inter-department exposure. The position reports to the Deputy Director while working with staff throughout the organization.
A flexible, hybrid on-site/remote schedule is available. While much of the role can be performed remotely, ability and willingness to be on-site in Culver City when needed (e.g., for press events) is required.
Medical/dental/vision benefits, 10 days paid vacation, paid sick time, and holidays.
This is a full-time, exempt staff position available April 2022.
- Manages the museum’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok).
- Ideates, generates, and formats content in collaboration with all museum departments.
- Maintains open communication with colleagues to stay informed on upcoming events and museum initiatives, shaping the messaging for visitors, the community, and followers.
- Actively listens to relevant community conversations and monitors the Wende’s online presence.
- Develops and maintains internal policies to convey consistent voice, tone, and brand that aligns with the museum’s mission.
- Produces, edits, and shares video content from in-person and online programs.
- Produces reports that reflect and analyze the Wende’s online engagement and growth. Monitors traffic and trends and statistics across social media, email marketing, and the website while providing actionable insights to the Board and executive leadership on a quarterly basis.
Marketing and Communications
- Develops and implements marketing plans and projects for exhibitions, programs, events, and community engagement initiatives.
- Writes and sends weekly email newsletter.
- Oversees the production of and approves all marketing and communications materials, including event invitations, flyers, brochures, and other print and digital collateral.
- Collaborates on promotional strategies with local museums and cultural organizations.
- Creates, implements, and oversees strategies and timelines for marketing, communications, advertising, media buying, content marketing, and public relations.
- Acts as the staff liaison to the Board’s Marketing and Outreach Committee.
- Coordinates with other museum departments to ensure marketing and communications needs are being met, including bringing a communications perspective to the planning of programs and events.
- Writes and/or edits press releases as well as content for museum promotions and communications (internal and external).
- Develops and proactively manages relationships with media organizations, fulfilling inquiries and image requests.
- Organizes and executes regular press previews, visits, and interviews.
- Serves as the webmaster for the Wende website and makes regular content updates in collaboration with other departments.
- Two or more years’ experience as a marketing and communications professional in a museum, cultural organization, or nonprofit setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, under time constraints
- Ability to develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan
- Excellent project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in marketing communications, publicity, public relations, digital media, and/or print media
- Knowledge of regional and national marketing trends for arts organizations/museums
- Self-sufficient in routine office administration tasks, including correspondence, maintaining calendar appointments, preparing presentations, etc.
- Able to effectively represent an organization at public events
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, MailChimp (or similar), Eventbrite (or similar), Sprout Social (or similar), and other design and marketing applications
- Basic photography and video skills
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience working with outside vendors (e.g., graphic designers, photographers, printers)
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience managing a communications/marketing departmental budget
Recognizing that this is an ongoing process, the Wende Museum is committed to continually increasing diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and sustainability. People of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people without formal education, and others who may have been marginalized by conventional hiring practices are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF attachment with the subject line “Communications Manager” to email@example.com.