About the Company
VSLA is a custom printing and fabrication company with locations in New York and Los Angeles specializing in the field of retail display, events, and pop-up shops. Everything we create is custom from start to finish; every day is a new challenge. Between NY and Los Angeles, we currently employ 80+ people.
Our body of work includes a multi-discipline expertise in carpentry, architectural millwork, metalwork, digital fabrication, and print, including a variety of finishing services. No job is too big or small. Visit our website at substratefab.com to learn more about what we do.
- (6) Paid National Holidays
- (80) hours paid vacation per year after 6-months employment (accrual basis)
- (40) hours sick leave per year after 3-months employment (accrual basis)
- 401k Package with company matching after 1-year of employment
- Health insurance option
About the Position
This is a full-time entry-level position for a CNC Operator. The CNC Operator’s primary responsibility will be to operate a CR Onstrud 3-axis CNC router to machine parts for assembly, working with other production staff and project management to achieve project specifications and timelines as required through quality control and effective communication. The CNC operator will also be responsible for maintaining the machine (oiling/greasing of parts, clearing of filters, etc.) and the workspace as specified by management.
This is NOT a precision machine shop. This is a fast-paced commercial fabricator similar to a millwork shop operating a 3-axis CNC router cutting wood composites and plastics.
- Experience operating CNC routers including file preparation and troubleshooting
- Experience using Rhino and RhinoCAM preferred
- Familiarity with other digital fabrication methods and CAD programs is a plus
- Understanding of material characteristics, fabrication techniques, and tolerances of wood, wood composites, plastics, foams, and non-ferrous metals
- Woodshop experience preferred
- Willingness to work extra hours when needed. (Paid overtime)
- Ability to lift 80+ lbs
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio images of projects you have worked on.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.