About the Company
VSLA is a custom printing and fabrication company with locations in New York and Los Angeles specializing in the field of retail display, events, and pop-up shops. Everything we create is custom from start to finish; every day is a new challenge. Between NY and Los Angeles, we currently employ 60+ people.
Our body of work includes multi-discipline expertise in carpentry, architectural millwork, metalwork, digital fabrication, and print, including a variety of finishing services. No job is too big or small. Visit our website at substratefab.com to learn more about what we do.
About the Position
This is a position for an experienced workshop-based carpenter/cabinet maker only. We are looking for a confident individual who is ready to hit the floor running. Only candidates with workshop experience in furniture making, cabinet making, high-end fixtures, and the set building will be considered. This is NOT a construction position.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the safe and efficient fabrication of projects as outlined by production staff, whilst adhering to the department’s production schedule and assisting with on-site installations and strikes. Specifically;
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Utilize a range of materials and processes to build custom displays and interior fittings
- Read fabrication drawings to meet dimensional requirements and build with attention to detail
- Consult with production team regarding construction techniques
- Perform routine shop and machine maintenance
- Ability to work within a team to consistently achieve an exceptional standard of quality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in both workshop and onsite environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines under pressure whilst maintaining professionalism
- Extensive knowledge of materials and processes, particularly sheet goods (wood, composites, laminate, and plastics)
- Knowledge of stationary and hand-held power tools including table saws, routers, and typical rotary blade/bit tools, pneumatic staplers and nailers, etc.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends when necessary to deliver the projects on time
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds
- MUST BE PUNCTUAL
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio images of projects you have worked on at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.