Artist-Poet seeks help with administration and research required for an art and writing practice, including producing a podcast, and assistance with teaching duties related to students enrolled in Creative Writing Workshops at an arts college. $15 an hour for admin and research $3 per for grading 250 word papers.
- research guests: artists & writers
- gather info about art + poetry events
- update website and Instagram
- find marketing channels
- research opportunities for cross-promotion
- investigate sponsors.
Arts + Poetry Practice
- edit existing written work
- manage a calendar
- research submission opportunities
- maintain reading list of books and articles in poetry and art criticism
- research for ongoing writing projects
Creative Writing Workshops tasks
- grading student submissions (writings of about 250 words) weekly
- record attendance
- track student correspondence
- research for lecture updates
- year-round, flexible, remote working
- several hours per week
- Access to internet and computer
- Minimum: BA in related field English or Art, Teaching
- Preferred: Masters in those fields
- literature, poetry, cinema, and the arts
- The ideal candidate lives in the Los Angeles basin and wants to deepen a connection to the art scene there.
How to apply
I would like to meet all candidates in person. Please email me including a resumé and short cover letter of no more than a page detailing your interest in this position and highlighting your relevant experience cited in your resumé. Please email me your materials via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Instagram DM @derekdenckla. Thanks!