Los Angeles (Westside) art gallery specializing in contemporary painting and sculpture seeks skilled and experienced freelance preparators for project-based and as-needed work.
Ideal candidates will work well under pressure, respond to the aesthetic needs of exhibition production, and be sensitive to the unique demands of a commercial gallery setting.
Basic registration and collection database experience would be a plus.
– Knowledge of safe art handling and installation procedures for two- and three-dimensional art objects in a variety of materials, sizes and weights
– Experience in archival wrapping and secure packing techniques, including packing and unpacking of crates
– Knowledge of different types of hanging hardware, their appropriate uses and weight holding capacities
– Experience with exhibition space preparation, inlcuding wall painting, patching, clean up, touch up and maintaining a pristine show environment
– Skilled with hand and power tools
– Extremely detail-oriented and capable of taking responsibility for assigned tasks
– Can maintain organized, non-cluttered work environment
– Capable of lifting minimum 50 lbs
– Current driver’s license
Other desired skills:
– Heavy sculpture handling
– Rigging and use of a gantry
– Forklift driving
– Light carpentry and framing
– Photoshop, Google SketchUp
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.