Little Yellow House Art has an opening for a P/T Woodworking and Ceramics teachers for the 2021-22 school year. The hours range between 2:30-5:30pm 1 – 3 days per week with the opportunity for more accounts. Candidates must enjoy working with kids ages 5 – 12 and have the know-how to make learning fun and inspiring while also exhibiting a professional demeanor.
LYHA’s goal is to provide high quality and reliable art instruction to the after school programs of independent schools across Los Angeles. Our teachers are responsible for implementing LYHA’s curriculum into 60 minute block settings in a classroom provided by our school accounts.
- Competitive Compensation
- Exposure to many of the best independent schools in Los Angeles
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
*Our school accounts require all of our teachers to be vaccinated for Covid-19 and be regularly tested to work on campus. Masks are required.
- Pick up ceramics/woodworking materials for each term from the home office
- Arrive 1/2 hour before class begins
- Bring all supplies to and from the classroom
- Set up and clean up of all materials
- Wrap and return all finished projects to students at the end of term
- Engage and support all students in creating their art by creatively implementing the themes created by LYHA.
- Establish and maintain expected standards of student behavior while maintaining an inspiring, positive, and safe classroom atmosphere
- Build relationships with students and staff
Ideal candidates should have a solid background in the arts, either a Masters degree in Art or Education, or a teaching credential, and experience working with children in a classroom setting.
- Good communication skills
- Must be dependable and have a strong work ethic
- Must have dependable transportation
How to apply
Please send resumes and cover letter to LittleYellowHouseArtClass@gmail.com.